- Buke and Gase - General Dome - ‘Hard Times’ was the song of the month.
- Atoms for Peace - AMOK - Thom Yorke hijinks and Flea minus RHCP. Quality album.
- Yo La Tengo - Fade - plus seeing them in-concert at the 9:30 Club
- Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - We the Common and Emancipator’s Dusk to Dawn - both by fellow William & Mary grads.
Plus reviewing four tracks to follow-up Teen Mom’s album, Mean Tom
Away From Keyboard is fantastic. I expected it to be a bit over the top or poorly produced, but it’s really a quality piece of film and journalism.
A few highlights:
- Tear Down this (Pay)Wall
- Clickwrap and Browse wrap - two of the important elements of the problems with the DC Code
- No Law - a great text about copyright law
- ProCD vs. Zeidenberg - a court case establishing the validity of click-wrap and its ability to override copyright
- Summaries of Fair Use Cases - since fair use is per-case, this gives good examples of how those cases have gone.
- A Short Lesson in Perspective - depressing and valid
- Google Invades
- Peter Thiel’s Infantile Culture
- Fix the Law to Fix America