- Parkinson’s Law - this book was a relevation, because the funny ‘principles’ it promotes have become embedded on the internet, but were originally penned in 1956. Highly recommended, if you can get your hands on a copy.
- Caresse Crosby - the best Wikipedia page I’ve read in months. The allure of the Lost Generation should always be tempered by the fact that their lives were only possible via trust funds, as Crosby’s was, but nevertheless she made the most of it.
- America’s Monopoly Problem
- The Rise and Fall of Professional Bowling
A plane taking off from Gravelly Point
- Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot… The Son of Chico Dusty
- Tycho - Epoch - my working music for the month, this is an excellent album for concentration.
- Alex G - Beach Music
- Really Big Pinecone - What I Said About The Pinecone
- I wrote about the state of open source development and maintenance with John Jones, in _theInitialCommit.
- High Maintenance is back, and the new season is the best thing I’ve watched in a long time.
- Black Mirror is also back and it’s lovely, but I rarely want to feel sadder.
I bought a PlayStation 4 because I’m a grown man, and I’ve been playing The Witness and beat Uncharted 4 with my housemate. The last game I played with any intensity was Age of Empires: Rise of Rome, which was released in 1998. Game developers have progressed in the last 18 years.