The headline news is that the product I’ve been working on for months now with Mike Bostock and Jeremy Ashkenas is out: Observable. Check it out.
It’s a big change to be able to share links & build a community instead of only building and hoping that we were building something good. I think it’s pretty good, and the response has been super positive - we even got a mention in kottke.org.
I’ve also been using are.na quite a bit, if you want to follow me over there. I upload mostly screenshots of UI elements.
- Xiu Xiu: Sharp Dressed Man
- Moondog: Chaconne in G Major
- Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
- Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy
- Vince Staples - Summertime ‘06
- The first 20 seconds of Dopeman are beautiful: I love the sharp contrast in timbre.
- I got Section.80 because of Rigamortis which I saw in a punchesbears video. I love the free-floating groove.
- Sometimes the slower songs on hip-hop albums sound like they’re just imitations of the past, but 911 / Mr. Lonely on Flower Boy feels right.
Still listening to a majority rap & hip-hop, loaded up in Swinsian. I’m looking into a way to run a personal music backup - the ideal would be something like rsync that ran automatically from my laptop to a Linux computer in my apartment, then propagated to S3 from that computer. Does such a thing exist?